Friday 12 January 2018

Test shots - Street

During the last days of this week, I filmed some test shots for the street scene, which I should hopefully be filming soon. I thought this would be a good exercise for many reasons:

1) See what equipment I needed and if it was efficient enough for the real shoot
2) To test if the camera angles planned in the anamatic worked
3) See if it actually looked any good in sequence with my music video.

With these test shots, I needed a tripod, camera and a dolly. I used a wooden dolly (controlled by someone else), and it was the first time I had used one before. It made my movement feel very professional and I enjoyed using it. The tripod and camera are standard in many media products, and I knew that they would work well.

The camera angles planned in my anamatic did work, however they may be challenging to film. The tilt down action if planned effectively would work very well and add a nice element to my music video, however it could be tricky to pull off to a high enough standard. The other camera angles and shots worked well with minor adjustments which was pleasing.

As I'd already planned my anamatic, I did know they they would look ok just from the drawings alone. However, filming the test shots was still a good way to confirm this.



The street shots do not actually add that much footage, as seen below. Therefore, as it get closer to being completed, I may end up adding more street footage to give my music video more variation.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation

  Above are all my evaluation questions, presented as voice recordings. I am happy with the level of detail I answered my evaluation que...