Tuesday 16 January 2018

Filming session - Street

This was the first attempt of shooting on location for the street shots. Whilst the location I had picked out worked well, the day and time didn't seem to work so well, hence why the shoot was cut early. The temperature and other activities around me prohibited me to do all I wanted to do.

We shot very early in the morning in January, which meant the temperature was at it's lowest. This seemed to be an issue, because I and the person who was helping me were struggling to focus. It was off putting and didn't allow me to work to my full potential.

We were also filming on the day that people are collecting bins, in which case we had to move for them because we were in the middle of the road. This made what we shot slightly rushed, and not what I wanted.

Also, the dolly that I had picked out was confusing, and I didn't know how to work it. This wasn't as big of an issue as I could still shoot the shots where the tripod didn't need to move, but it was quite an inconvenience.

An example of what we shot is down below. Because of all the factors above they are not the best, however I am glad we found out these problems early on. :



For future reference, I will ensure that I shoot closer to midday, on a day where I know there will be less inconveniences and use equipment that I know how to use effectively to maximise shoot time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation

  Above are all my evaluation questions, presented as voice recordings. I am happy with the level of detail I answered my evaluation que...