Wednesday 18 October 2017

Costume and Makeup tests

In this blog post, I have finalised the costumes and makeup that I will be wearing in all the scenes in my music video. As it is important that I spend most of my time filming, I don't want makeup to take forever; it will waste too much time overall with my production.



I wanted the makeup for the white screen and field scenes to be quite plain. I feel this is important for the field scene as I do not want the audience's focus to be drawn to the face only, but rather to the person overall. That is why I am wearing a white dress and nothing else, not even shoes. The lack of shoes could connote that she is free, and isn't constricted by rules. I feel that my target audience would like to be rebellious, and would relate to this carefree attitude.

The outfit on the white screen involves a much more relaxed environment, hence the pyjamas and hair rollers. It is meant to be an insight into her personal life, and I feel that the white screen makes the contrast impactful (again focusing on her) and makes it feel more professional, like a real music video. Important props in this scene will be a cigarette, however since I don't smoke this may be improvised. Cigarettes are also a sign of rebellion, which will appeal to my target audience.


This is the outfit that will be seen in the street. The party look is some sort of homage to Blondie, with the bold makeup, red lip and little black dress. The heavier makeup doesn't take too long which is important to me so it doesn't eat into filming time. The outfit is also relatively simple too, but the motive is obvious that she is heading to a party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation

  Above are all my evaluation questions, presented as voice recordings. I am happy with the level of detail I answered my evaluation que...