Friday 20 April 2018

Animation step-by-step

Within this blog post, I am going to explain the step by step process for my animation work, which is seen frequently throughout my video. By using only flash animate, I would map out my animations from simple sketches, as shown below:



I would draw all frames required in this basic skeleton form. I would also draw certain things on different layers and draw them on separate layers, as I wish to focus on these elements in detail. For animations where feathers are thrown, this is the technique I used. All lip-syncing was drawn on a different layer also, so it was easy to move around with the animation.





Many of the animations I drew, I followed frameworks found online. For example, the running animation was followed from an animation chart. For other animations, I used my own movement by copying myself in a mirror to see how the animation should behave in certain angles. For lip syncing I also followed an animation chart, but drew my own in-between frames to make it flow much smoother.



Overall, I am happy with how most of the animation turned out. Whilst I may have liked more time to tween my results, I still am very satisfied with the end result and feel they work well within my video. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation

  Above are all my evaluation questions, presented as voice recordings. I am happy with the level of detail I answered my evaluation que...